The Iron Bank is Open for Business
By Nod. December 1, 2014, 7:00 AM
Hello Bannermen! It is our pleasure to introduce something our players have been asking for since we opened up Game of Thrones Ascent: The Iron Bank, a way to gift gold to your friends!
To celebrate the launch of The Iron Bank, and to celebrate Cyber Monday, we're introducing a brand-new gold promo that all players can take advantage of. With today's build, you will receive Ser Barristan's Dagger with any gold purchase of $20 or more - including those players who redeem an Iron Bank gift of $20 or more during this week!
And now to introduce The Iron Bank ...
Our team has been hard at work creating the infrastructure needed to purchase, gift, and redeem gold. Starting today, we encourage you to gift gold in our Iron Bank, which you can visit at shop.disruptorbeam.com. Or, you can click the Shop link at the top of our webpage!
After clicking on the Shop link, or going to shop.disruptorbeam.com, you will enter The Iron Bank. From here, you can add as many gifts of gold as you would like. For example, you could purchase:
- 10 gifts of 50 gold.
- 3 gifts of 105 gold and 7 gifts of 50 gold.
- 2 gifts of 625 gold.
- And so on.
As you add items to your cart, you’ll see the cart update. You may check the contents of your cart by clicking the Check Out button.
You may remove items from your cart by clicking the red “X” button to the left of your purchases.
Once your order is set to your liking, click the Check Out button and either log into or create a Disruptor Beam account. You need a Disruptor Beam account to make a purchase; if you don’t have one, don’t worry! You can create one and still gift gold to any other account. Your Disruptor Beam accounts are:
- Your GoTA account that you use on the Disruptor Beam website.
- Your Facebook GoTA account. You’ll need to add a Disruptor Beam login if you have not already.
- Your Forum account.
- NOTE: Kongregate and Armor Games players cannot log into a Disruptor Beam account yet. You’ll have to create a new Disruptor Beam account to manage your purchases.
After you log into or create your account, you’ll be able to review your purchases:
After you are satisfied with your order, you can proceed to payment. Our accepted payment methods are:
- Credit Card
- Coinbase (Bitcoin)
During this process you may notice that your website changed to Shopify.com. Shopify (www.shopify.com) is a storefront service that we use for The Iron Bank. AT NO TIME IS YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION STORED WITH DISRUPTOR BEAM. Shopify provides secure payment gateways to our credit card processor, PayPal, and Coinbase. Additionally, we have partnered with third-party fraud prevention providers to help ensure a safe and secure payment process for all of our players.
After you complete your purchase, you’ll be taken to a page where you can review your purchase, see your order number, and print out a receipt. A receipt will also be sent to your email address.
You may now gift gold to your friends, or redeem it for yourself! Click on the Continue button, or follow these steps if you decide to come back to the gold later:
- Log into the account that you purchased the gold on.
- Click on the Account link at the top of the page.
- Click on the Gifts tab in your account.
After you click on the Continue button, or navigate to your Gifts tab in your Account, you’ll see the codes you have purchased:
This page is new to the Iron Bank system and went live last Monday. The new features are:
- This is the field where you can put in a code to redeem gold. This is where all Facebook and Disruptor Beam accounts will redeem their Iron Bank gift codes. Instructions for Kongregate and Mobile players is found in the link below there.
- Gifts Received lists all gift codes you have redeemed on this specific account.
- For this account, you can see that they have redeemed two codes: one for 105 gold from Nodlington, and one for 50 gold from Nod. Received gifts can be in two states: Pending and Received. Receiving a code will grant the gold to this account. Clicking Share pops up a post to Facebook where you can thank whoever gave you the gold!
- Gifts Given lists all gifts purchased by this account, their codes, and who (if anyone) they were sent to or redeemed by.
- For this account, they have six codes. Three of them have been accepted by other players, and three have not been accepted. You may either copy the code and send it to a friend or ally, or you may email them from this webpage. After the code is redeemed, you’re able to see who redeemed it.
So, to sum up what you’re now able to do in a Too Long; Didn’t Read format:
- You can purchase gold through The Iron Bank at shop.disruptorbeam.com.
- You get codes that you can send out to other players.
- Those players (or yourself) can redeem the codes for gold.
Questions and Answers
Can I use the code for myself?
Absolutely! Just make sure you redeem it on the account you want it on.
Can anyone use the code?
Yes, the codes can be used by anyone. Make sure you send it to the person you want to send it to!
Can I send the code via email / Facebook message / Snapchat / carrier pigeon?
We let you email the code from our system, but if you don’t want to email your friend (or don’t know their email), then you can use whatever means you’d like to send the code. Just remember that the code can be used by anyone - be certain you’re sending it to the right person!
Can I send part of the gold on my account? Or can I only send the amounts listed on The Iron Bank?
Right now, you can only send the amounts listed on The Iron Bank. Since this is a code-based system, you’re unable to gift part of the amount to someone else.
If someone redeems a code during a Gold Promo, will they get the item?
Yes! If someone redeems a $20 or higher gift code during a gold promo, they will receive the gold promo item as well. $10 gifts are not eligible for the gold promo items, as the promotion starts at $20. Redeeming a code outside of a gold promo, even if the code was purchased during a gold promo, will not grant the gold promo item.
What is Shopify, and why are they processing my order?
Shopify is a virtual shop that we are using to help organize and process orders from The Iron Bank. When you make your order, you’re going through them. They help us automatically provide receipts, order tracking, and payment processing. After we verify the order is good, we send you an email letting you know that your purchase is complete.
Will The Iron Bank offer anything aside from gold in the future?
Our plans are to expand The Iron Bank to offer things other than gold in the future. What those things are, we haven’t determined yet. Maybe they’ll be merchandise or cool things related to Game of Thrones Ascent! We’ll let you know when we add new things to The Iron Bank.
Rules and Restrictions
NOTE: These Rules and Restrictions are also shown when making a purchase through The Iron Bank.
Iron Bank gifts may only be redeemed once per code. Disruptor Beam may not assist with issues related to codes being made public, sent to the wrong account, or redeemed by an account unintended by the purchasers. By creating an account and / or purchasing from The Iron Bank, you agree to and are bound by our Terms of Service, portions of which are also incorporated in the Shopify purchase agreements you must agree to when making a purchase.
IT IS THE CODE PURCHASER’S RESPONSIBILITY THAT CODES BE GIFTED TO THE CORRECT ACCOUNT AFTER PURCHASE. DISRUPTOR BEAM WILL NOT PROVIDE REFUNDS FOR CODE PURCHASES, INCLUDING IF CODES WERE SENT TO THE WRONG ACCOUNT.
As always, if you have any concerns or questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at support.disruptorbeam.com.
A special note for the creative players out there
After hinting that this may be coming, some of our more creative players discussed using gold gifting as a way to reward game actions like bartering camps or joining an Alliance. Our policy is that after you purchase a gift, you can do whatever you would like with it - as long as your actions fall within the Terms of Service. That means you cannot, among other things:
- Threaten, coerce, or intimidate others into purchasing codes for you;
- Make any commercial use of the Iron Bank gifts, or otherwise commercially exploit the same, without the prior express written consent of Disruptor Beam. This includes re-selling Iron Bank gifts for any amount of real-life money or equivalent value;
- Exploit or fraudulently purchase gifts;
- And other actions covered in our Terms of Service.
Any accounts found engaging in violations of the Terms of Service will face action, up to and including the cancellation of any outstanding codes, permanent closure of accounts, or other actions as we see fit.
Thanks for reading!